Monday, August 31, 2009

O's Lose Series To Twins.

Yeah, yeah. I know this series was a week ago. The O's are just so depressing, it is getting tough to get excited about writing game recaps. But I am dedicated to the select few of you who still check this site regularly so that is why I will keep chugging along until the end of the season (hopefully I can do them in a more timely manner).

And as for the other BWP writers, I can't speak for them, but I find it very unlikely that they will be back writing regularly (despite multiple promises for frequent updates once school started). If that is indeed the case, I will make this blog my own and I will continue to write witty and inspiring posts while I should be doing school work.

To the recaps!

On Monday, the O's were shut down by Scott Baker as they lost 2-1. Chris Tillman pitched decently, giving up 2 runs in 5 1/3 innings. He walked 3 and gave up 6 hits while only striking out 2. Brian Roberts drove in the lone run for the Orioles.

The BWP Clipped Wing Award winner for this game is... Matt Wieters!

Wieters went 1/4 while striking out 3 times and leaving 2 men on base.

On Tuesday, the Orioles bullpen blew a 6-3 lead in the 6th inning as Brian Bass gave up 3 runs without recording an out. Kam Mickolio gave up a run in the bottom of the 9th as the O's lost 7-6. Michael Aubrey drove in 3 runs for the O's

The BWP Clipped Wing Award winner for this game is... Brian Bass!

Bass pitched like shit.

On Wednesday, the O's avoided the sweep as they won 5-1 thanks to a good outing by Jeremy Guthrie (1 ER in 7 IP with 5 strike outs and no walks). Chad Moeller drove in 2 runs and Felix Pie homered to lead the O's offense.

Stay tuned for an update on the Cleveland series coming up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your post regularly. They are highly informative and helpful.
    bba

    ReplyDelete