Monday, June 1, 2009

Double Orioles Losing Magic

Forgive me BWP readers for I have sinned. It has been 2 days since my last post. I'd like to say I've been busy but it was really just weekend laziness. I have fallen into the bad habits of the other BWP writers. So to all 35 of you BWP readers, I apologize and here is my double O's recap:

The O's lost to the Tigers 6-3 on Saturday, ending their 5 game win streak. The silver lining of the game was Matt Wieters' first major league hit, a triple to lead off the 5th inning. Wieters added another hit in the 6th to finish 2/4 on the day.

The BWP Clipped Wing Award winner for this game was... Douchey Matt Albers!

Although it probably should have gone to Adam Jones, who went 0/5, leaving 5 men on base, he has been a monster this year so I'm going to let it slide this time. Albers earned the loss in the game, giving up 2 runs in 1 1/3 innings pitched so he deserves it. Plus, I just like saying Douchey Matt Albers.

On Sunday, the O's wasted a brilliant pitching performance from rookie pitching phenon Jason Berken and lost to the Tigers 3-0. Berken gave up only one run, a solo home run off of the bat of Curtis Granderson, in 7 innings of work. Unfortunately, the O's bats failed to show up, managing only 2 measley hits off of Tigers starter Edwin Jackson.

The BWP Clipped Wing Award winner for yesterday's game was... Peter Angelos!

The whole lineup blew hardcore yesterday so I had a hard time singling out one player to give the award to. Peter Angelos was the obvious choice because he is the worst owner in Major League Baseball.

Two more reasons to hate Angelos:
1. He was born in Pittsburgh
2. He is a Democrat

Blow me Peter Angelos.

No comments:

Post a Comment