Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rich Hill Leads O's To Victory.


I'm not going to lie. I have an unhealthy man-crush on Rich Hill. It all started when he was playing with the Cubs a couple years ago. I don't really know how the crush started but without fail, I would draft him in my fantasy baseball leagues every year. So when the O's traded for him this past off season, I was ecstatic.

After his collapse early last season and the complete loss of control of his curveball, I knew it was unlikely that Hill would be able to regain his 2007 form. But I was excited about the opportunity that Hill had to help solidify the O's rotation.

Unfortunately a Spring Training injury delayed Hill's debut until today's game, but the results were worth the wait. Hill threw 5 2/3 innings while giving up 2 ER, 7 hits, and striking out 6. More importantly, Hill only walked 2 batters and he seemed to have good command of his curveball (his best pitch).

To keep things in perspective, this was against a less than stellar Royals lineup so it's hard to get too excited yet. But, it's a step in the right direction.

The O's go for the series win tomorrow as they send Koji Uehara to the mound against Luke Hochevar (who has a sparkling 36.00 ERA this season). We may actually win this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment