Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The O's Want To Wish Their Fans a Happy Stinko de Mayo.

Excuse the bad pun, but the Orioles aren't good. At this point I can't find anything to be excited about except for maybe the top half of the batting order. Take for instance this play from the 1st inning of today's game:

C Crawford stole second, C Crawford safe at third on throwing error by catcher G Zaun , C Crawford scored on throwing error by center fielder A Jones.

Now, I didn't get a chance to see the game today because I was studying, but I can't even imagine how ugly that play was. I can only imagine Carl Crawford circling the bases with ease as he laughs at the O's incompetence.

It only went downhill from there as the O's committed another error in the game and lost 6-3, with only 3 of the runs given up by Koji Uehara being earned runs.

The BWP Clipped Wing Award winner today is... Melvin Mora.

More like Smelvin Mora. He went 0/4 with a strikeout and he committed an error that led to 2 unearned runs.

The O's open up a 2 game series at home against Minnesota tomorrow. If there are more than 4,000 people at the Yard I will be shocked.

1 comment: