Thursday, May 28, 2009

Miracle At The Yard.


I don't even know what to say about today's win. I am just going to admit right now that I gave up when the O's were down 8-3. I was mentally preparing to give my boy Rich Hill the Clipped Wing Award and call it a day.

I even turned the game off and decided to go get my hair cut. On the way home from the haircut, I got a text from a friend referring to the 11th inning of the game and I quickly flipped over to the game on the radio. The Jays were up 10-8 with the O's batting in the bottom of the inning.

Markakis and Mora both singled to get on base and Luke Scott singled in a run to cut the score to 10-9. That brought rookie Nolan Reimold to the plate with a chance to be a hero. He delivered with a 3-run walk off homer.

My description doesn't really do the moment justice. It was exciting. I'm sure those faggots on MASN will make a dumb commercial about it and it will really piss me off. But until then, I will enjoy having the false hope that the O's actually have a bright future.

Tomorrow the O's open a 4 game series against the Tigers at the Yard and Friday we get some fun Wieters action. Go O's.

No comments:

Post a Comment