Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Double Dip Of O's Embarassment.

Sorry for neglecting to post the O's update yesterday. I was going to do it late last night, but I felt lazy. And seeing as we have almost no one who still follows this site (this has ceased to become a joke and it is most certainly a reality) I didn't think anyone would care.

But lets get back to it today.

It can not be stated enough how bad the Orioles bullpen is. I don't have any stats to back up my statement, but I guarantee they have the worst ERA in the majors.

Not that it really mattered in yesterday's game because the O's were completely dominated by C.C. Sabathia. The O's offense only mustered 3 hits and the bullpen wasted a good start by Brad Bergeson as the Yankees won 9-1.

The BWP Clipped Wing Award winner for yesterday's game is... Chris Ray.

With 1 out in the 7th inning, Ray was brought into the game with the O's trailing 2-1 and runners on 1st and 2nd. In an awesome display of suckage, Ray gave up 4 earned runs (plus the 2 runners that were on base) while recording NO outs. I promise you that I could step onto that pitchers mound and record at least one out if I faced 5 batters. Pathetic.

Today's game was another display of ineptitude with the O's down 5-3 as the game was turned over to the bullpen in the 8th inning. The combination of Danys Baez and Jamie Walker quickly made it impossible for the O's to mount a comeback as they gave up 5 earned runs between them and the Yankees won 11-4.

The BWP Clipped Wing Award winner for today's game is... Danys Baez.

He was responsible for 4 of the 6 runs scored in the forgettable 8th inning. Can someone please remind me how/why all of these pitchers in the bullpen make millions of dollars and still have jobs. I hope the O's just mail in the rest of the season and get the first pick in the MLB Draft. It will probably prove too challenging to stoop to the Nationals level of sucking but at least I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment