Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Koji Uehara Has Flashbacks to WWII

The O's wasted a good pitching performance from Koji Uehara today as they lost 3-2 and got swept by the Angels. To add insult to injury (literally) Uehara got pegged in the chest by a line-drive off of the bat of Gary Matthews Jr. As Koji left the field he was heard muttering under his breath apologizes for bombing Pearl Harbor. For those of you who were concerned, Uehara walked off under his own power and only has a slight sternum bruise.

Your BWP Clipped Wing Award winner tonight is... Luke Scott. The whole O's offense was putrid today, but Mr. Scott's horrible day at the plate shined just a tad bit brighter than everyone elses. He went 0/4 with 3 strikeouts and 3 men left on base. It pains me to give Luke the CWA because I like him and his goofy antics but he definitely deserved it. Congrats Luke!

A special shout out to Jamie Walker (a BWP reader and enthusiast) for his quote about yesterday's balk incident.

"No way in hell did I balk. That was a horse shit call. I don't know if the guy's got something against me, or what. ... It's unacceptable at this level. The explanation I got was I stepped to home, and that's a horse shit explanation. I don't know if he had money betting on the game or what, but it's a horse shit call."

This statement is sure to cost him some money, but at least I enjoyed it. This kind of stuff doesn't happen enough. Anytime you can drop some bad words and question whether the umpire has been chilling in Vegas with Pete Rose, I'd say that's a good interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment